Speech Development is a challenge for many parents and can be difficult for children. In my own experience I found Niam was being taught many words, and he knows many words. His recessive language, the ability to understand is much stronger than his verbal language. I also found challenging with Niam, his ability to understand stories that are not concrete. For example imaginary stories do not make sense to him. To make it practical I made this small social story for Niam. The story is at a basic level and comes with flashcards to reinforce the words.
This book can be used as part of a ABA program.
1. Use the flashcards to teach the vocabulary.
2. Read the story.
3. Use the fill in to help with speech development and vocabulary development.
4. There are some simple questions at the end of the story for the student to circle the correct answer.
5. The words are repeated to allow for easy practice of speech and to target on the words being taught.
6. Auditory Processing: You can read the story out loud. Ask questions out loud. Use the visual flashcards as prompts as needed.
Hope they are helpful!
Don't forget to check out our other great science adapted books and workbooks on animals.
Don't forget to check out Niam's beautiful artwork at www.niamjain.com. He is an accomplished artist. Watch his story and know anything and everything is possible. His story will inspire your.
Remember make it fun.
This is a great free ABA Resource, school education program, social story and free printable worksheet for your students as part of a home living program, parental resources and school program to reinforce important skills for children with Autism and other developmental disabilities.
The resource can be laminated for longevity and used in the classroom or at home to help your child learn an essential life skill.
Check out our other great social stories for teachers and students. We have many social stories you can download for your student.
From our family to yours, we encourage learning and hope you enjoy these materials. I want to see all of our children reach their best potential.
Please leave some feedback and share us on social media.
It is easy and simple to use.
Great as a supplementary worksheets.
I used it to introduce the topic. I like the flashcards.