Able2learn Inc. provides free inclusive educational material with a special focus on Autism and other Learning Disabilities for anyone, anywhere.
Able2learn helps the parent/teacher with materials to help create a customized learning program suited to his or her needs. Make your own combination with our materials or use them in conjunction with another program.
STATISTICS TO DATE:
1. Downloaded by Teachers, Professionals, Therapists, Parents, Organizations, Schools world-wide
2. While we are not sure about our exact reach, it seems we have been able to reach over 20,000 children world wide ( while our estimate is 30,000 children) - that number is growing everyday.
3. We are able to help those families with limited resources, school teachers who have limited funding and, therapists, centres who require well researched adapted educational programming.
4. We are bridging the gap between ABA Programming and the School Education Curriculum.
5. We provide essential Early Intervention Programming, Life Skills for Independence, Puberty and Behaviour Management Education. We provide additional tools such as token boards, Data Sheets for implementation of Programs.
HOW ARE THE PROGRAMS INCLUSIVE?
Many Programs come in different levels. The teacher/parent can choose a level that is appropriate for the student. This allows a teacher to give one lesson, and for children to have materials suited to their level allowing for integration and inclusion. The student has an opportunity to move through the levels to build skills. Many programs come with visual aids and built in data sheets to include the learner with Autism , Develepmental Delays and Visual Learners. Programs can be supplemented with other resources if the student requires more help.
Many of our programs in the preschool section are divided by categories. This is to help the child with Autism who maybe in a ABA program to reinforce words and speech development. Many children with Autism require multiple opportunities to learn.
- Able2learn has not chosen just any words or categories. All the words come from the 220 noun list from the ABLLS-R, The Assesment of Basic Language and Literacy Skills- Revised, written by expert psychologist Dr. James Partington. These academic sheets allow for natural environemnt teaching, learning preschool academics, preparing for the classroom , while still practicing ABA targets.
- Able2learn provides standardized special educational material aligned to the Ontario Curriculum.It also incorporates goals from the Curriculum from The Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills -Revised "ABLSS-R" .
- Able2learn has a focus on creating meaningful high school curriculum that teaches functional skills for independence, a healthy lifestyle - diet, nutrition and exercise, and vocational skills training.
Most programs are created using real photographs and/or clear simple graphics for the visual learner.
• Programs are levelled to allow for easy progression and, easy inclusion in the classroom.
• Multiple sheets of the same skill to allow for mastery and, to avoid boredom.
• Programs come with premade data sheets ( skill tracking system) for easy implementation and minimal prep work.
• Programs include multiple goals across established developmental milestones in the same
program – with a large focus on speech development.
• Programs come with additional resources to aid in implementation :Token boards,
schedules, behavior aids, videos etc.
How To Use The Programs
As each child is different there is no one particular way to use the programs. Programs can be combined with other curriculum or used in isolation to master a skill.
Programs can be used:
• As supplementary material
• To get ahead
• To practice at home
• As curriculum
Who can use the programs?
• Students with Autism
• Students with Developmental Disabiliteis
• Visual Learners
Able2learn's Core Values
ABLE2LEARN INC. strives to maintain meaningful and progressive core values across all facets of our world.
TOGETHER WE WILL CREATE CHANGE!
A. We strive to show a deep respect for all human beings. We believe the right to education should be equal and accessible to every individual in any part of the world.
We Support the Right to Free Inclusive Education
B. ABLE2LEARN INC. believes in Article 26 of the Declaration of Human Rights by the United Nation States.
- Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
- Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
- Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of eduation that shall be given to their children.
C. ABLE2LEARN INC. mantra is Article 26, and we will continuously strive to promote free access to education for those with developmental disabilities. We believe in the philosophy of non-violence and, will work to achieve our goals in a peaceful manner.
A. Presently, waiting lists are long, access to private education is only available to those lucky few who receive government funding, or those who are in a higher salary bracket and can afford therapies. We specifically strive to create educational opportunities to those who are unable to access education under the current model.
B. We believe that persons with disabilities, if provided the education, the “right tools”, vocational and independent skills training programs, can lead very productive, independent and happy lives.
C. We believe in educating the public on developmental disabilities and the potential of all individuals.
D. We believe in promoting the skills and potentials of persons with developmental disabilities to employers and, eliminating the myth that they are a burden to society.
E. We believe in including everyone in the community in an inclusive environment.
F. We believe every individual has worth, and is a contributing member of society.
THE COMMUNITY AND GIVING BACK
At ABLE2LEARN INC. we are not afraid to speak up, to take a stand, and to make a change. We believe ALL children should have free access to education. Education is a inalienable right. Able2learn is creating awareness on the social , health and economic issues that are related to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disabilities.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND HELP OTHERS!
With love from our family to yours,
Rohan and Nina