276 Carlaw Ave #200
How To Use PEC's:
Able2learn has created PEC's for your child to use in various settings and programs.
1. PEC'S stands for PICTURE EXCHANGE SYSTEM. Pec's allow children who require additional support with communication. It is widely used by children who have little or no communication abilities. Children are taught to approach another person and give them a picture of a desired item in exchange for that item.
2. PEC's can be used to encourage verbal language. Pictures can be taped or velcro on cupboards, toy boxes, or anywhere. The child is taught to ask for the item in exchange for the desired item. Depending on the child, it can be a full word, a approximation or a sound.
3. The PEC's can be used to practice speech. Touch the picture and have your child say the word. The pictures can be cut out and placed in front of the child.
1. Matching Games: Print out two sheets. Laminate and cut out the squares. Play matching games.
2. Go Fish: Print out four sheets and glue onto cut out playing cards.
3. Memory Game: Print out two sheets
1. Use the PEC's for ABA/IBI programs.
2. Use the PEC's as visual supports for academic programs.
We hope you enjoy our PEC's. They were made in-house by our very own talented Graphic Design Artists. We would love to hear how you used the PEC's with your child.
Please leave some feedback and share us on social media.
Niam Gets Ready For School Vocabulary Building: Pages 7 Speech Development is a challenge for many parents and can be difficult for children. In my own experience I found Niam was being taught many...
This Book Has 13 Pages Teach your child how to brush teeth with this easy to follow checklist. Laminate the sheets. The child can either checkmark with a dry eraser each step as it is...
This Book Has 10 Pages Teach your child to learn how to go to toilet train by using this fantastic resource, My Bathroom Chart and Supplmentary Resources. This package...